Cape Fear Plantations - by R.V. Asbury, Jr. in 1961

Note the location of the Court House (C.H.) shown near top left at the mouth of the Lockwood Folly River. This would've been the County's second Court House that was mentioned in the 1779 legislative Act to be temporarily held at Bell's while the new (third) Court House was to be located at the bridge across the Lockwood Folly River near present-day Supply - known in 1784 as Walkersburgh. The fourth would be authorized in 1808 to be built in Smithville, present-day Southport.


© 2010 - J.D. Lewis - PO Box 1188 - Little River, SC 29566 - All Rights Reserved