|In 1732, the Governor and his Executive Council
created Edgecombe Precinct out of part of Bertie Precinct and
part of Beaufort Precinct. The House of Burgesses refused to
acknowldge this new precinct because they considered the creation
of new precincts to be solely their responsibility, and they
asserted that they would not accept delegates from Edgecombe.
However, their journals indicate that five representatives were
recorded as present at the November 5, 1733 House of Burgesses,
which was prorogued on November 8th due to a lack of a quorum.
They sent delegates to every assembly thereafter.