The Royal Colony of South Carolina

Between 1729 and 1775, 25 new towns were established in South Carolana
     

Town

Established 

Settled By
Camden

1732
Quakers and Scots-Irish from Virginia.
Amelia Township

1732
Reformed Swiss & German Lutherans.
Purrysburgh

1732
Swiss/Palatines.
Radnor

1734
Welsh. Town created by William Bull.
Kings Town

1734
Scots-Irish from Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland.
Queensborough Township

1735
Scots-Irish & Welsh from Pennsylvania and Delaware.
Orangeburgh Township

1735
Reformed Swiss & German Lutherans.
Saxe-Gotha Township

1735
German Lutherans.
St. Andrews Town

1735
Most likely never existed beyond the planning phase.
Kingstree

1737
Scots-Irish from Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland.
New Windsor Township

1737
Swiss/Palatines.
Moretown

<1741
Unknown
Jacksonborough

1744
English/Welsh from Charles Town.
Ninety-Six

1750
English/Welsh from Charles Town.
Cheraw

1750
English, Welsh, Scots-Irish, and French Huguenots.
Moncks Corner

1753
French Huguenots.
Lancaster

1756
Scots-Irish from Pennsylvania.
Long Bluff

1760
Welsh from Pennsylvania and Delaware.
Boonesborough Township

1762
Scots-Irish Presbyterians from Virginia.
Edmundsbury

<1764
Landgrave Edmund Bellinger's descendents.
New Bordeaux

1764
French Huguenots.
Granby Town

1765
Swiss/Palatines, Scots-Irish from Pennsylvania.
Londonborough Township

1765
Swiss/Palatines. (aka Belfast Township)
New Rochelle

1766
French Huguenots.
Statesburg

1767
English/Welsh from George Town, later Virginians.
McCrea's Crossroads

1760s
Scots-Irish & Welsh from Pennsylvania and Delaware.


© 2004-2017 - J.D. Lewis - PO Box 1188 - Little River, SC 29566 - All Rights Reserved