Charles Town District, SC

Evolution of Boundaries - With Known Towns & Villages

The "overarching" Charles Town District remained essentially the same size and configuration from inception in 1769 to 1800, when it was abolished.

Its population grew from 66,985 in 1790 to 82,383 in 1800, when it was eliminated and broken into smaller districts (counties).

Click on the maps below to see what the Charles Town District looked like from 1769 to 1800, including all of the known towns and villages.

-

1769-1784

1785-1790

1791-1800

-

 


© 2007 - J.D. Lewis - PO Box 1188 - Little River, SC 29566 - All Rights Reserved