Cheraws District, SC

Evolution of Boundaries - With Known Towns & Villages

The "overarching" Cheraws District boundaries were increased in 1792, when Salem County was added from the Camden District.

Its population grew from 10,706 in 1790 to 18,299 in 1800, when it was eliminated and broken into smaller districts (counties).

Click on the maps below to see what the Cheraws District looked like from 1769 to 1800, including all of the known towns and villages.

1769-1784

1785-1790

1791

1792-1800

-

 


© 2007 - J.D. Lewis - PO Box 1188 - Little River, SC 29566 - All Rights Reserved