Pendleton County, SC

Evolution of Boundaries - With Known Towns & Villages

Pendleton County had no known boundary changes from its inception in 1789 to its abolishment in 1826 - when it was split into Anderson and Pickens Districts (counties).

Its population increased from 9,568 in 1790 to 27,022 in 1820 (last census available).

Click on the maps below to peruse the known towns and villages that came and went during Pendleton County's relatively short existence - a few cannot be located since they do not show up on available maps of SC..

1789-1790

1791-1800

1801-1810

1811-1820

1821-1826

 


© 2007 - J.D. Lewis - PO Box 1188 - Little River, SC 29566 - All Rights Reserved